The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City

Animal Control Listings and Reporting Animal Cruelty

Belton 816-331-5522

Blue Springs 816-228-0149

Bonner Springs 913-422-7800
after hours 913-596-3000

Edwardsville 913-441-6983
after hours 913-596-3000

Excelsior Springs 816-630-0816

Gladstone 816-436-1810

Grain Valley 816-847-6250
after hours 816- 795-1960

Grandview 816-316-4817
after hours 816-316-4980

Harrisonville 816-380-8961

Fairway 913-782-0720

Independence 816-325-7205

Kansas City KS 913-321-1445
after hours 913-596-3000

Kansas City MO 816-513-1313 or 311

Jackson County 816-881-4530

Lawrence 785-832-7509

Leawood 913-642-5555

Leavenworth 913-682-0268

Lee’s Summit 816-969-1640
after hours 816-969-7390

Lenexa 913-477-7385

Liberty 816-439-4791

Merriam 913-782-0720

Mission 913-782-0720

North Kansas City 816-274-6024

Oak Grove 815-690-3773 ext. 1006

Olathe 913-971-6362

Osawatomie 913-755-2101

Overland Park 913-895-6300

Parkville 816-741-4454

Platte City 816-431-2011

Platte Woods 816-741-6688

Pleasant Valley 816-781-7373

Prairie Village 913-642-6868 x 4631

Raytown 816-737-6010

Riverside 816-741-3993

Roeland Park 913-782-0720

Shawnee 913-631-2155

Smithville 816-532-0500

Sugar Creek 816-881-4530

Wellsville 785-883-2691

Westwood 913-782-0720

Call 911 if you believe an animal’s life is in immediate danger.

If your community does not have an animal control department, call your local police or sheriff.

Reporting Animal Cruelty

There are two forms of animal cruelty. Passive cruelty or neglect is caused by lack of action, such as inadequate shelter, starvation, dehydration, and failure to seek needed veterinary care. Active cruelty is an intentional act to harm an animal. Without concerned citizens reporting cruelty in their neighborhoods, most instances of animal abuse would go unnoticed. There is also a strong link between animal cruelty and domestic violence and other serious crimes. Reporting animal cruelty may alert authorities to other crimes being committed. If you are aware of an animal being neglected or abused, please do not hesitate to report it.

Call your local Animal Control to report abuse or neglect occurring within city limits.

If your community does not have an Animal Control call the police or sheriff.

If an animal’s life is in immediate danger, call 911.

State Health Departments:
MO Animal Health Department
KS Animal Health Department 785-296-2326

Missouri: Operation Bark Alert. Report suspicious dog breeding facilities

Chain of Hope provides essential items for survival to neglected and abused cats and dogs in the urban core of Kansas City. They also provide education to pet owners, referrals for spay/neutering, adoptions.

Dogs Deserve Better: No dog should live on a chain. Learn what you can do to help a chained dog.