Report lost or found pets to the following:
Lost Dog Registry web site has a searchable database for lost and found animals in the KC metro area (it’s not just for dogs.)
KC Pet Project has an online form to fill out for lost pets.
Check Craig’s List for lost and found pets.
Pet Harbor web site has a searchable database for lost and found animals. Some of the KC area municipal animal shelters post their pets on this site to try to reunite them with their owners
If you have lost your pet:
- utilize facebook and social media to share info; many neighborhood groups have facebook pages. Nextdoor App is also a great resource.
- make flyers and post them in your area as soon as possible; offer a reward
- contact the lost pet services above
- call your area shelters and visit in person; leave a flyer or check web sites for online lost pet forms
- contact area veterinarians and emergency animal clinics; leave a flyer
- call nearby area animal control
- tell your postal carrier, neighbors, neighborhood kids
Always keep current ID on your pet with a phone number where you can be reached at all times.
Microchip your pet.